R&D – RF ENGINEERING • CAPITAL POINT, SLOUGH, UK
Job Ref: 1114
Design and transfer to production of board and assembly-level base station RF transceivers in frequency ranges 400MHz to 6GHz, and including power amplifiers with average output powers ranging from 20 to 30dBm.
Candidates should have the right to work in the UK.
- RF system analysis, design, and partitioning
- RF circuit design, simulation, and prototyping
- Digital and analogue designs including digital control interfaces and PSU functions
- Preparation of schematic diagrams, bill of materials, and layout guidelines
- Preparation of design specifications including definition of software device drivers
- Organise manufacture of prototypes, including ECO generation, purchasing of specialised components, and liaison with sub-contract manufacturer
- Liaise with test engineer to develop full DVT and production tests
- Execute design verification testing
- Support regulatory pre-compliance regulatory testing, and testing with certified bodies
- Organise transfer to full production and maintain production design, including any re-design needed to manage component obsolescence and cost reductions
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in an Electronic Engineering related discipline
- Expert RF circuit design knowledge, including transceiver, power amplifier, LNA and synthesiser design, and filter specification
- Proven experience of Agilent ADS or Microwave Office essential, Script, Matlab, Labview desirable
- Digital, analogue and PSU design, schematic capture
- Experience in complete development life-cycle in the field of wireless communications
- Working knowledge of one or more 2G / 3G / 4G wireless standards
- Experience in working with sub-contract manufacturers
Team worker, self-motivated, plenty of initiative, willing to work in a busy environment, a flexible attitude to changing priorities, responds positively to requests for assistance from other departments/divisions in the company, flexibility to adapt working hours to respond to project or company needs, willingness to travel when needed, willingness to accept responsibility.